Whole Wheat Coconut Cookies


I am not a big fan of biscuits or cookies. Especially since most of the store bought cookies contain so many additives and preservatives. I remember, the first time I baked cookies was when I was in school. It was a very long time back and had never bothered trying it out again. That is till I came across this recipe on the blog here. Very simple recipe with minimal ingredients. What I loved is that it was made from whole wheat flour! Perfect snack for my son as well :)

I first made the cookies with the combination of whole wheat flour and almond flour, as the recipe states. It tasted great. I made thumb print cookies but found it tasting far better without the jam. So the next time I decided to make just plain cookies. However, I didn't have any almond flour in hand so instead I substituted  with some coconut flour. Ended up with some nice buttery, coco-nutty cookies. If you enjoy coconut flavor and love cookies then this recipe is a must try. And it is just so simple…really!

Whole Wheat Coconut Cookies - Recipe

(Source: Adapted from Pinch My Salt)


Ingredients:
  • Whole wheat flour - 1 cup
  • Coconut flour - 1/2 cup
  • Unsalted butter - 1/2 cup
  • Brown sugar - 1/3 cup

Method:
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  • Using a hand mixer, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
  • Sift the whole wheat flour and coconut flour and then add to butter mixture and blend well.
  • Put the cookie dough in refrigerator for 30 minutes. This will make it easier to form the cookies.
  • Line a baking tray with some baking paper or aluminum foil. Take about a tablespoon of the dough and form small patties with your hand. The dough is bit crumbly so you have to be gentle. Place them on the baking tray. Make sure you leave some gap between the cookies.
  • Bake for 15 minutes or until the edges are just slightly brown.  Let cool on wire rack.  Enjoy!



2 comments:

Thanks for dropping by. Your comments and feedback are highly appreciated. Happy Cooking!