Event Announcement - Gimme GREEN!...


I am super excited to announce the very first event on my blog (Yay!) - Gimme GREEN! Anything green usually invokes feelings of good health, peace, coolness, tranquility and a sense of healing. Recently I came across this article on the Green diet, in a magazine. The Green diet primarily consists of consuming green vegetables and fruits; small amounts of fish, eggs, nuts etc may also be consumed to supply proteins and fats. Green foods are usually rich in fiber, low-calorie, low-fat, low-starch and very nutritious.

Reading this article led me to thinking - how many greens do we normally include in our daily diet and I realised barring few common ingredients like green chillies, curry leaves, spinach etc. the list comes to an abrupt end - well almost 'zilch' considering the frequency of consumption! So I thought why not bring together recipes that use greens - simple and easy dishes which we can incorporate into our diets and reap the benefits of eating green!

How many green foods can you think of - leafy vegetables like spinach, mustard, fenugreek & cabbage, green beans, green grapes, kiwis, cucumbers, zucchini, broccoli, brussel sprouts, green apples, green peppers, parsley, mint, coriander, spring onions....whew! There are plenty more! So hop onto this 'green' wagon and put on your super thinking chef hats to bring in some innovative yet tasty dishes. Hope you will all participate and make this event a success.

The Guidelines:
  1. Create any dish using a GREEN vegetable or fruit as the main ingredient and post the recipe by using the Inlinkz tool at the bottom of this post. Can be a sweet or savory dish. All cuisines welcome. Veg and Non Veg entries are allowed.
  2. A link to this event page on your blog post is mandatory. Use of event logo is appreciated as it helps to spread the word.
  3. Multiple entries are welcome. Previously published posts (not more than 6 months old) may also be included.You need not re-post.
  4. Event commences today - Feb 27th. Submission of entries closes on Mar 31st midnight.
  5. Please review at least one dish submitted in this event collection and leave a comment on the author's blog. Lets encourage others too while we share our culinary creations :)
  6. The most popular posts will appear in the round up at the end of this event. 

And while you are here, do take a moment to browse through my space and leave your comments or feedback. Thanks!

*** Updates: 08 Mar ***

Just to spice up things a bit, at the end of this event I am planning to give away few awards to recognize and appreciate the efforts of below bloggers:
  1. Blogger submitting maximum number of entries (entries that do not comply with the theme will not be eligible) will be awarded the title of 'Cooking Green: Master Chef'; after all it is no easy feat to come up with so many healthy recipes involving greens, is it not?
  2. The most popular recipe (maximum views) will be awarded the Gimme GREEN! Popular Dish award.
  3. All participants will also be offered the Gimme GREEN! participation award.

*** Updates: 13 Mar ***
  1. Your votes are anonymous so please go ahead and let me know which are your favourite recipes in this collection - something that struck you as healthy yet delicious to be included in your diet. (I would appreciate it if you enter your votes for others and not your own)
  2. There was an error in the voting tool which has been fixed. You should be able to enter your choices now. In case of any trouble please let me know. Thanks! To enter votes for multiple recipes, close the survey pop up window and click on the voting button again.






51 comments:

  1. Thanx Surabhi. Looking forward to your entries...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful event!! Will surly try to send some entries!!

    Ongoing Event - CC-Dish For Loved Ones

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gr8! Looking forward to your entries, Sravs :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Am very interested in participating in this event. Will send you my entry soon. First time here. Do visit mine in your free time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Julie: Thanks! Do send in your entries...I always see amazing recipes on your blog :)

    @Divya: Thanks for dropping by. Looking forward to your entries :) Nice space! Happy to follow u.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice theme & later I found my today post is matching with the theme...& linked it.Happy hosting!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks 4 d visit to my space dear.....
    lovely event, will surely link the entries........

    ReplyDelete
  8. Added your event in the events calendar. Happy hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Will be back with an entry for you..! Lovely event..!

    ReplyDelete
  10. First time I here nice event , will link the recipe

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for visiting my space.Luv this theme .Linked my entry n Happy hosting!. Glad to follow U

    ReplyDelete
  12. hi rosh !
    tis is aishwarya. I want to know if i can link tis entry of mine http://thecacographerr.blogspot.in/2012/03/pesarattu.html which is made using green gram.

    Visitin ur blog for the first time and u doin a gr8 job. Do check mine and leave ur comment wen u fd time .
    http://thecacographerr.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Will surely post my entries ASAP .... Happy to be a part.... Do follow my blog and pls post your valuable comments:)

    http://preethisculinary.blogspot.com and
    also visit my art blog http://yenkaivannam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Rosh,
    Here i have posted some of my recipe that matches here. I hope you'll like it:) .... Thanks for dropping my space and your valuable comments :)
    Great Going....

    ReplyDelete
  15. I submitted a recipe to your event, but it does not seem to be displaying correctly. Please advise.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I figured out what I did wrong. It seems my link is appearing properly now.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey Rosh,is it green fruit too or any fruits recipe too?

    ReplyDelete
  18. @Julie:yes, fruit also has to be green like kiwi, green grapes, avocado, green lime, green apple etc Hoping to see few recipes using green fruits as well. Do contribute :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great event..I just submit one link... Happy hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for the sweet comment dear. Will send my entry.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi, I have a green item on my menu, sending it as soon as possible. Lovely event. Best wishes for the success of your event.

    ReplyDelete
  22. my net connection is painfully erratic any way I have linked this event to my entry now. You are so prompt, thanx for your lovely comment.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Rosh
    Thanks for the invitation. Definitely I will participate.
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely event..would have loved to participate but my posts( of green recipes) are older than 6 months, as I have been busy shifting, haven't made anything recently..and the rules say that recent ones will be accepted.
    Let me know if I could send them to the event.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Shobha!

    I would love to see all of your entries but since this is an event we have to consider the rules to be fair :) Would you mind re-posting them? I don't see a problem then.

    Looking forward to your entries! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  26. hi...I managed to send one..will post more soon ;)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Rosh,

    This is a very good event. Have linked my entries and more to come soon :)

    Regards,
    Raksha

    http://rakshaskitchen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Rosh, thanks for stopping by my space, you have a nice event going on, linked one today, Brussels Sprout Pakoras and also following you..

    ReplyDelete
  29. Nice event.i will send my entries soon

    ReplyDelete
  30. @Amy: Unfortunately I cannot post any comments on your blog :( Have sent you a mail but I am not sure if you have seen it. Hopefully you will read my comment here!

    ReplyDelete
  31. hi!.just linked up palak chicken.

    ReplyDelete
  32. hey!.voted........and i am already following your blog!.love your space:)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hai Chef!Just Linked my entry Moringa leaves salan.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hai Chef,Just linked another three more recipes..NICE event.

    ReplyDelete
  35. I like the theme, so am joing in. Fab idea.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Wonderful event! Happy Hosting!
    Have linked my entry and also following your blog :)
    http://easyfoodsmith.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  37. first time in ur space....This is a wonderful event...sent in one of my entries:-)glad to follow ur space!

    ReplyDelete
  38. I love green vegetables and am going to enjoy browsing through these now.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Happy Hosting. Lovely event. Will be linking my recipe(s) soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  40. Just linked one and will be linking another one later in the week!

    Mireille
    http://gourmetglobal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  41. First time in your space.I have linked my entry.Happy to follow you!
    check out my blog at http://followfoodie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  42. have linked one more entry.. hope it fits in :)

    ReplyDelete
  43. Rosh, i have linked veg shawarma, just check whether it is apt for the theme..

    ReplyDelete
  44. Hi Rosh, as promised, submitted my entry Wirsing Rouladen (Stuffed Cabbage leaves) in the last minute :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. Your comments and feedback are highly appreciated. Happy Cooking!